Professional Boundaries Trainingadmin2021-02-09T18:17:57+00:00
Professional Boundaries Training
Professional Boundaries Training
Professional boundaries are the limits that help us to develop effective relationships in the workplace. If these boundaries are not clearly defined and maintained, there is likely to be confusion and damage to the relationship. There is also the danger of the professional and the service user being put at risk.
This professional boundaries training course is tailored to your specific boundary challenges.
This professional boundaries training course meets the following objectives:
• An understanding and acceptance of the importance of setting and keeping healthy professional boundaries for themselves, their clients and the organisation
• To provide a safe and stimulating environment to discuss "blurring" of boundary crossings and how to deal with perceived pressure to cross ‘the line’
• Understanding of the differences between personal and professional relationships even when working with members of the family
• How adhering to professional boundaries helps the service user
• Knowing how having a “safe” connection with a service user helps the person providing the service
• A recognition of how the greying of professional boundaries affects the professional relationship and has a detrimental effect on the service user and the person providing the service
• How to identify situations before things go wrong
• How to recognise your own warning signs
• How to help people take ownership of their own solutions and support without rescuing them
• Provision of training to ensure they are able to put the relevant boundaries in place
These objectives will be met by covering the following workshop content:
• What are professional boundaries?
• Why professional boundaries help them provide a better service to their clients
• Stepping into the shoes of the clients and identifying what they need from the relationship and recognising how having known and robust professional boundaries in place empowers the client
• Stepping into the shoes of the organisation and its management and recognising the purpose of its staff having good professional boundaries in place
• What good professional boundaries look like
• Identifying any beliefs and values that the delegates hold that restrict them keeping boundaries in place
• Discussion of the challenges they face implementing and maintaining appropriate professional boundaries and how these challenges can be addressed
• Demonstration of ‘good’, ‘grey’ and ‘bad’ professional relationship lines and open discussion on the detrimental impact on the service user and the person providing the service and what alternative actions could be taken
• Explanation and demonstration of how people take in information and the distinction between people’s different concepts of the reality of the information provided to them
• How the drama triangle can come into play and how to step off of the drama triangle for the benefit of all concerned
• How to recognise the warning signs from people’s language and physiology
• How to use your language and physiology to diffuse potentially difficult situations
• How to set and maintain boundaries that work for you, the organisation and the service users
• Two simple techniques to allow you to step back from the situation and identify alternative ways forward
• How to use six questions to encourage the service user to take ownership of their own solutions and support
• How to use these same six questions with yourself to ‘check in’ on what needs to happen to keep the boundaries in place and meet your own objectives
All of the above will be provided in a safe, fun, interactive and challenging environment with plenty of time for discussion of how the delegates can apply what they learn in this professional boundaries training course
today to discuss the current challenges in your organisation and how this professional boundaries training can make the difference you need.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.